Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fat Weekend

I had a pretty good couple of days off this weekend. Cruised with some really cool Japanese friends on Friday night, catch last train and get home around 130, sleep, get up at 430 and go surf. It was me, Keoki, and 山口さん, and while the waves had good size, you would get pulled like crazy, like 1 kilometer down the beach crazy. We got sick of the paddling and went to another, mellower spot, where Keoki proceeded to own. I don't have pictures of it, only this, of the lunch we had after it.

That night, I hung out with my friend Eriko, and her visiting friend, 吉田君 who was entering into the area surf contest the next day. So, we went. Was a pretty mean setup, but the waves weren't really cooperating, or I should say the wind wasn't. 吉田君 got shafted in the first round, so we didn't get a chance to see him do his thing. (One of my students actually made it to the semifinals, but he couldn't get loose in his heat, and I couldn't get a picture with him cuz he was pissed off). Here's some pics from the contest.

The break. Windy and blown out, but everyone tried their hardest.

吉田君. He didn't want his picture taken, he said, because it would be too embarrassing.

At a nice cafe after, Cadillac Ranch, where there are a couple of dogs that hang out with you while you eat. This guy took a nap under our table.

Going for a walk.

Also, this weekend was Nick's Birthday. He apparently had a pretty sick weekend as well, hitting the game winner in the championship game of the annual Stubbs Tournament. I'm happy for him, but probably would've been angry at him for not passing the ball in the clutch to someone who knows what to do with it...haha nah nah nah. I found this video, reminds me a lot of what it was like growing up with Nick. Happy Birthday.

No comments: