Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weekend Update


This is what was on my desk after the long 3 day weekend. 中田先生 is nuts.

Hiroto and Yuki's Wedding Afterparty

Just an awesome couple to hang out with, really complement each other. Both are really good looking too. Small kine jealous...nah nah nah.

Things started off ok, small kine blurry.

Me lookin' at me.

What I ended up taking pictures of. I think she's taking a shot. Or cake.

Graduation

(Pics to come.)

This was the first group of kids that I had ever seen all the way to graduation. Usually, our graduations are pretty good, but this year's one was unbelievably good. Probably a quarter of the kids were crying their eyes out. I was hugging like crazy. Almost popped a tear out when the basketball team captain came by. He was already buss before he got to me, but when he saw me, he wailed, 'クリントン, ヤッだ!'. I had a heave in the chest, watery eyes (think of when Mufasa died), but was able to hold it together. Good day.

Graduation Nomikai

That cake in the picture was crazy delicious. Had a really good nomikai, and then went on the after party, then the after after party. Two of the senseis that had their kids graduate I had known since I first came to Japan, so we had a good time drinking and talking.

Monday (代休 - Day off)

Sleep. And clean.

All in all, two nights, a combined 3 hours of sleep. Still recovering now.

And just for fun -

He's doing well.

1 comment:

toshi said...

haha love that - "think of when mufasa died." totally feel you on that one!

that's one of the cool things about being a high school ALT that i don't get. jumping around from school to school, i definitely don't build as strong bonds with the students as you guys who're at one school do. kinda jealous hehe