Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ballin' Out...Of...Control

So, the boys are always asking me what the games are like up here. After I told them some of my stat lines from the games I had played, (of which I won't go into too much detail), they were desperate to see what the comp was like. I play for two different teams up here, so this video is from the younger, better team (with which I DID NOT put up those stats I had spoken of earlier). I finally got around to bringing a good camera to practice. I usually don't stand out too much with these guys, there are a bunch of dudes that need their touches, so I usually just run the break, play D, board, and shoot when a good shot comes around. And, to be honest, they can ball. I'll let the video speak for itself. (Videos are kinda long, but I only did that cuz the boys wouldn't like to watch just 25 seconds of it).

Here's me, first game of the night. I do have to preface this by saying I had just made and ate some excellent meat sauce pasta and garlic bread, ask Lena, it was excellent. When I got to practice though, I felt heavy and every shot felt off. I'll stop crying and just let the video go.



Pull the okie doke steal! Me and 山口 run a pick and roll that ends with me missing a point blank layup. I then terribly airball a wide open J. As I shot it, I said, "Eww".



Missed layup eventually turns into a サベ J. He's the master of pumpfakes. Luckily, we had たかや on our team, the dude who hits the three at the end, cuz me and 山口 were off as hell.



Here's a video of the dude with the mean J, 新野さん. That's his favorite shot, the walkrightuponyouandpop J. The next guy, けんや, the guy who hits the three at the end, is real fast and strong, and he can shoot from outside.
He's a tough cover.

So, yeah, this is what the games are like up here. A lot of running, and a lot of quick shots. Defense is pretty intense. Probably like the same level as the UH Gym 2 good court, but without the size.

Alright, I'm ready. Bring the 'you suck' comments on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still think my team could take your team...we're a lot different now than when you last came down. Damn this makes me want to play some ball right now. Nice videos...

...except come on man. WTF. I'm not gonna step to you cause I know you could take me one on one but come on...even *I* have never airballed an open shot like that o.O don't make us American gaijin look bad now, we invented this game!

kurikinton said...

spaghetti and garlic bread. thats all im saying.

Anonymous said...

ok, I'll give you that. I make it a point to watch what I eat before I play...these guys run too much for my digestive system to handle a heavy meal :-P