Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Look Closely

I know I quote his books too much, but I really enjoyed them and he has another point that I want to show. From Malcolm Gladwell's book 'The Tipping Point', there's a chapter that I recall from time to time, (which also happens to be online, here...read it, it's good), about a man who could tell things about people from just their faces. I try to do this, but don't know what to do with the results I get. (Add this to the list of strange abilities I want to have - juggle, backflip, sign language, and lip reading are the ones I've got on there now.) Either way, there are a couple of instances in which I wish I had that man's gift.

First, at an interview, Lance Armstrong gets at a reporter. There's backstory to this, but Lance just goes at the dude. It was a stupid comment, to be sure, but, I wish I could have that ability to know for sure, for absolutely sure, that Lance never doped.



And of course, this one. Watch his face.



This one, too.



What about this guy? Is he lying? Watch his face, and gestures. He seems like he's telling the truth to me.



I do this a lot, with just people I know or meet, just watch their face as they talk. Try it sometime, see what you can figure out.

2 comments:

gage said...

Alex Rodriguez = Gutter Trash

toshi said...

interesting stuff!