Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Donut Incident


A snapshot of the interoffice goings-on I deal with everyday.

Today, my JTE (Japanese Teacher of English - basically the person I work with everyday), 中田先生 (Nakata Sensei) was acting a little funny. During second period, out of nowhere, she's like, 'Do you want a donut? I'm going to buy a donut. You wanna come?'. I was a little surprised by the suddenness of the question, but said yeah, I want a donut, but I don't want to go all the way to the store to get one. Get me a donut with cream in it...

First, let me explain. There were three things I was concered about when thinking about the donut I was (or wasn't) about to get:
  1. The donut store is pretty far from school, it would probably take 15 minutes by bike to get there.
  2. The bikes are right in front of the school's front office, meaning if you were to try and leave campus, everyone in that office would be looking straight at you.
  3. If she were able to obtain the donuts, what would be her explanation for holding a big donut box as she walked through the hallways at 930 in the morning?
Come back from class, and this is sitting on my desk.

Those are staples at the top.

Apparently, 中田先生 was able to get out and return undetected, and before she had left, had prepared paper and stapler to solve the 'walkingthroughthehallwaywithadonutbox' problem. Smiling, I opened the package...


No comments: