Monday, October 13, 2008

Nagoya: Part 1

I'm back from Nagoya, and what a trip it was. Right now, the only aftereffects I have are the itchy legs from the stealth mosquitoes by the river, and the residual frog in the throat that comes from drinking more alcohol than water throughout a day and sleeping (thanks Nick). I'm still waiting for some of the pics, so I'll divide this into part 1 and part 2.

Arrival

Nick Riley, flossin'.

Nagoya for the most part was a much nicer city than I had been led to believe. My friend, 山口さん, told me that most girls in Nagoya were 'ぶさいく', and this had been seconded by another friend, who told me the women there were very...'stylish'. That turned out to not be the case, Nagoya just gets a bad rap in the Japanese community it seems.

My camera sucks.

We met up with some other JETs in the area and had some beers. They were mostly newbies on the program, so it was a decent time. Drank a couple of beers, and then Roy, the guy in red, wanted to go for a skate.

The red blur is Roy.

We had some more beers, and got on the train back home, where this dude was leaning all over the door. I wanted to get video, but couldn't. We were getting up early for the next day to go white water rafting(!), so, I'll throw that part on as Part 2. Stay tuned.

Dude was tired.

No comments: